16 December 2022 | Plant-based Christmas with Chef Barbara De la Peña-CANCELLED
Out of stock
Date: 16 December 2022
Location: Ltd. Level 1, 60 Dixon Street, Te Aro, Wellington
A small group, hands-on cooking class with Barbara De la Peña, originally from Mexico city and a passionate advocate for plant-based cooking and chef at BGI Wellington as well as the community manager for @kaiforall.
This workshop will focus on sharing plates and in-season recipes for a plant-based and nutritious Christmas feast infused with colour, flavour and fresh, in-season ingredients! We will cover a range of Christmas dishes perfect for celebrating with family and friends, sensational for summer bbqs, and featuring locally sourced seasonal ingredients including organic vegetables, herbs and flowers from the Savour garden. Fresh, nutritious, and easy plant-based meals everyone can enjoy.
Sample Menu (which will include 6 savoury dishes and a dessert)
* Creamy kale, Mushroom and marinated tofu salad. Light, full of flavour, and a nutritious, quick and easy raw-vegan sharing entrée.
* Focaccia and two hummusses (we'll decorate the focaccias)
* Summer rolls with a versatile peanut sauce you'll want to make again and again
* "Paella": full of in-season veggies infused in Azafrán and Spanish spice mix.
* Middle Eastern grilled broccoli with lemon and garlic
* creamy polenta circle stacks with bbq courgette and cashew cream
* gingerbread cookies